Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below.
Some children were taking free throws at the basketball court in school during lunch break. Below are some facts about how many baskets these children shot.
i. Ganesh shot 8 baskets less than Ashish.
ii. Dhanraj and Ramesh together shot 37 baskets.
iii. Jugraj shot 8 baskets more than Dhanraj.
iv. Ashish shot 5 baskets more than Dhanraj.
v. Ashish and Ganesh together shot 40 baskets.
1. Which of the following statements is true?
 Ramesh shot 18 baskets and Dhanraj shot 19 baskets.
 Ganesh shot 24 baskets and Ashish shot 16 baskets.
 Jugraj shot 19 baskets and Dhanraj shot 27 baskets.
 Dhanraj shot 11 baskets and Ashish shot 16 baskets.
2. Which of the following statements is true?
 Dhanraj and Jugraj together shot 46 baskets.
 Ganesh shot 18 baskets and Ramesh shot 21 baskets.
 Dhanraj shot 3 more baskets than Ramesh.
 Ramesh and Jugraj together shot 29 baskets.
Directions: In each question there are two statements: A and B.
Choose  if the question can be answered by one of the statements alone but not by the other.
Choose  if the question can be answered by using either statement alone.
Choose  if the question can be answered by using both the statements together but cannot be answered using either statement alone.
Choose  if the question cannot be answered even by using both the statements A and B.
3. F and M are father and mother of S, respectively. S has four uncles and three aunts. F has two siblings. The siblings of F and M are unmarried. How many brothers does M have?
A. F has two brothers.
B. M has five siblings.
4. A game consists of tossing a coin successively. There is an entry fee of Rs. 10 and an additional fee of Re. 1 for each toss of the coin. The game is considered to have ended normally when the coin turns heads on two consecutive throws. In this case the player is paid Rs. 100. Alternatively, the player can choose to terminate the game prematurely after any of the tosses. Ram has incurred a loss of Rs 50 by playing this game. How many times did he toss the coin?
A. The game ended normally.
B. The total number of tails obtained in the game was 138.
5. Each packet of SOAP costs Rs 10. Inside each packet is a gift coupon labelled with one of the letters S, O, A, and P. If a customer submits four such coupons that make up the word SOAP, the customer gets a free SOAP packet. Ms. X kept buying packet after packet of SOAP till she could get one set of coupons that formed the word SOAP. How many coupons with label P did she get in the above process?
A. The last label obtained by her was S and the total amount spent was Rs 210.
B. The total number of vowels obtained was 18.
6. If A and B run a race, then A wins by 60 seconds. If B and C run the same race, then B wins by 30 seconds. Assuming that C maintains a uniform speed what is the time taken by C to finish the race?
A. A and C run the same race and A wins by 375 metres.
B. The length of the race is 1 km
Directions: Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below.
A, B, C, D, E, and F are a group of friends. There are two housewives, one professor, one engineer, one accountant and one lawyer in the group. There are only two married couples in the group. The lawyer is married to D, who is a housewife. No woman in the group is either an engineer or an accountant. C, the accountant, is married to F, who is a professor. A is married to a housewife. E is not a housewife.
7. Which of the following is one of the married couples?
 A &B  B&E  D&E  A & D
8. What is E's profession?
 Engineer  Lawyer  Professor  Accountant
9. How many members of the group are males?
 2  3  4  Cannot be determined.
Reasoning Ability for SSC, Banking, Clerical, PO, SBI, IBPS, CWE, CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT exams